NZ Post: the dates for Christmas posting overseas are as follows:
Airmail: Rest of the World 29/11
UK and Europe 2/12
Courier: Rest of World 6/12
Uk and Europe 9/12
Favourite Books: We have a list of our favourite books for you to peruse attached to the newsletter. Our Facebook page. keeps you up to date on the latest books we are recommending.
Late Night: Thursday December 5th 6pm to 8pm for those of you who would like to join us for a glass of wine and a chance to shop after work or after the children are in bed.
Sundays: We shall be open on Sundays from 1 December until Christmas. 11–3.Holiday Hours
Thank you for your support this year. We wish you all a very Happy Christmas and safe and relaxing holidays.
From the team at Marsden Books, Anna, Pip, Heather, Anne, Beatrice, Megan, Charlotte and Emily.
The Weekend, by Charlotte Wood
Olive, Again, by Elizabeth Strout
Silver, by Chris Hammer
The Dutch House, by Ann Patchett
Never Have I ever, by Joshilyn Jackson
Pūrākau, Māori Myths Retold, edited by Witi Ihimaera and Whiti Hereaka
Maybe You Should Talk to Someone, by Lori Gottlieb
Underland, by Robert MacFarlane
Let Me Be Frank, by Sarah Laing
Travel Light, Move fast, by Alexandra Fuller
Zealandia, the valley that changed a nation, by Jim Lynch
Book Of Knowing, by Gwendoline Smith
Tohorā, by Ned Barraud
The Gobbledegook Book, by Joy Cowley
Two For Me, One For You, by Jörg Mühle
Wildlife of Aotearoa, by Gavin Bishop
Cleo and Rob, by Helen Brown
Oliver goes to Stephens Island Lighthouse, by Grant Sheehan.
NZ Post: On July 1st there are price increases on some NZ Post services:
- Stamps: A medium letter posted within NZ is now $1.30, a larger letter $2.60 and oversize $3.90.
- If you still have Kiwi stamps they can be used without adding additional post.
- Overseas Postage for Medium letters is now $2.60 for Australia and $3.30 for Rest of the World.
- Rural Delivery: this is now $3.90 for every parcel sent to an R.D. address.
- All international postal rates have increased.
- International and Express Courier: This is the only method for sending a parcel tracked overseas.
- There are now more stringent regulations when using courier services overseas which take longer to complete. This means there may be delays while we prepare all the documentation required.
- All UK passport applications and legal documents must be sent by Express courier now.
NZ Childrens Book Award Finalists: We have a display of these books in the shop at the moment and there are some strong contenders in all categories. Belinda has been highlighting many of the books on our Facebook page.
117 Storey Treehouse by Andy Griffiths and Terry Denton: This will be in store on 23 July.
The Testaments, a sequel to The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Attwood will be a new release in September. It will be in hardback at $48.
My First Words in Maori by Stacey Morrison: Her new picture book for children will be available in September to coincide with Maori Language Week 9–15 September. There will be a free set of flashcards with early purchases of the book.
Aroha’s Way by Craig Phillips is a lovely picture book for children about emotions. It has proved so popular it is now not available again until August.
So much to look forward to apart from the NZ Post increases!
Happy Reading from the team at Marsden Books.
Sign up to have this newsletter emailed to you here.