We carry Barrington Stoke books for reluctant or dyslexic readers. These books are commissioned, edited and designed to break down the barriers from dyslexia and visual stress to simple reluctance.
The books range from picture books to younger readers to chapter books:
Barrington Stoke books are edited and designed to minimise some of the obstacles that can stop struggling, reluctant or dyslexic readers really getting hooked by a book. The books don’t patronise and since they’re by the best authors in the business there’s no stigma attached to being seen reading them.
Barrington Stoke uses the following to make the books accessible:
- Short word lengths so readers can enjoy the achievement of finishing a book
- Lots of chapter breaks so readers can take a rest
- Special edit processes, with trialling by children of the correct reading age
- Cream paper which minimises glare
- Our own dyslexia-friendly font
- Special line, character and paragraph spacing
- Lots of illustration in lower reading-age titles to help with understanding.
Come and find talk to us about our range.